Download PDF eBook Meltdown: The Financial Disaster, Consumer Safety, and the Road Forward,
Meltdown reveals how the Consumer Financial Safety Bureau was in a position to curb necessary unsafe and unfair practices that led to the latest monetary disaster. In interviews with key authorities, business, and advocacy teams together with deep archival analysis, Kirsch and Squires present the place the CFPB was in a position to overcome many abusive practices, the place it was much less ready to take action, and why.
• Presents the first complete examination of the CFPB that identifies its successes throughout its first 5 years of operation and addresses the challenges the bureau now faces
• Exposes the alarming risk that as the economic system recovers, the Consumer Financial Safety Bureau’s efforts to guard customers may very well be derailed by political and business strain
• Presents provisional evaluation of the effectiveness of the CFPB and shopper safety regulation
• Provides readers distinctive entry to insightful views through on-the-record interviews with a cross-section of stakeholders, starting from Richard Cordray (director of the CFPB) to public coverage leaders, congressional staffers, advocates, students, and members of the press
• Paperwork the historic and analytic narrative with greater than 40 pages of finish notes that may help students, college students, and practitioners
Download PDF eBook Meltdown: The Financial Disaster, Consumer Safety, and the Road Forward