Download PDF eBook Global Entertainment Media: Between Cultural Imperialism and Cultural Globalization,
A crucial cultural materialist introduction to the examine of worldwide leisure media.
In Global Entertainment Media, Tanner Mirrlees undertakes an evaluation of the possession, manufacturing, distribution, advertising, exhibition and consumption of worldwide movies and tv exhibits, with an eye fixed to political economic system and cultural research. Amongst different subjects, Mirrlees examines:
- Paradigms of worldwide leisure media corresponding to cultural imperialism and cultural globalization.
- The enterprise of leisure media: the construction of capitalist tradition/artistic industries (financers, producers, distributors and exhibitors) and traits within the world political economic system of leisure media.
- The “governance” of worldwide leisure media: state and inter-state media and cultural insurance policies and rules that govern the manufacturing, distribution and exhibition of leisure media and allow or impede its cross-border circulate.
- The brand new worldwide division of cultural labor (NICL): the cross-border manufacturing of leisure by cultural staff in asymmetrically interdependent media capitals, and financial and cultural issues surrounding runaway productions and co-productions.
- The financial motivations and textual design options of worldwide common leisure varieties corresponding to blockbuster occasion movies, TV codecs, glocalized life-style manufacturers and synergistic media.
- The cross-cultural reception and results of TV exhibits and movies.
- The World Extensive Internet, digitization and convergence tradition.
Download PDF eBook Global Entertainment Media: Between Cultural Imperialism and Cultural Globalization