Download PDF eBook Fundamentals of Partnership Taxation (College Casebook Sequence), The Tenth Version of this extensively used casebook continues its lengthy custom of instructing the “fundamentals” of a extremely advanced topic with clear and interesting explanatory textual content, skillfully drafted issues, and a wealthy combine of authentic supply supplies to accompany the Code and laws. Essential highlights of the Tenth Version embrace:
- Protection of all vital developments because the final version, together with the influence on selection of enterprise entity of the now everlasting larger marginal particular person tax charges and the three.eight% tax on web funding earnings tax; remaining laws on noncompensatory choices and partnership allocations the place pursuits change through the 12 months; and new proposed laws on partnership liabilities, § 751(b) disproportionate distributions, and disguised funds for companies as utilized to funding administration price waivers and comparable methods to transform peculiar earnings to capital achieve.
- Reorganized and built-in supplies associated to compensating the service companion in a brand new and totally up to date self-standing chapter.
- Shorter separate chapters on partnership allocations, allocation of partnership liabilities, income-shifting safeguards, partner-partnership property transactions, liquidating distributions, and partnership terminations and mergers.
- Up to date dialogue of tax coverage points affecting partnerships, together with prospects and choices for enterprise tax reform and the persevering with debate on taxing “carried pursuits.”
- A brand new case (Canal Company v. Commissioner) illustrating a profitable IRS assault on the debt-financed distribution achieve deferral technique.
- S company developments, together with non permanent Code provisions made everlasting; remaining laws on the premise of indebtedness of S firms to their shareholders; and expanded protection of employment tax points affecting S company house owners who’re energetic within the enterprise.
Download PDF eBook Fundamentals of Partnership Taxation (College Casebook Sequence)